Sunday, June 7, 2009

I Love Monte Cristo Sandwiches

A Monte Cristo with a fig confiture and Foie Gras, oh man. My apologies, it is in French. Is it a Monte Cristo? I don't know, but I'm still going to make it. I think even in French, if you pay close enough attention to what he is doing you can make it. Perhaps I will try to write a recipe in the next day for anyone who wants to try to make it. Although, hrm, figs aren't exactly in season yet, I can always try some high quality dry figs to make the confiture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love one Monte Cristo sandwich, and it exists in the most unlikely of places: Disneyland.

It's at the Blue Bayou and what truly sets it apart is that it's battered and deep fried.

Don't take my word for it.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/blue-bayou-anaheim

Sadly nothing else comes close.

Christopher Allen Tanner said...

If and when I make it to Disneyland I will have to go try it, The American Culinary Federation national convention is in San Diego summer 2010. I'll probably take a trip to Anaheim and to Disney, I'll make sure to go try the Monte Cristo at Blue Bayou thanks for the suggestion.

 
Free Blog CounterHandelshaus ...