Friday, June 5, 2009

BBQ Restaurants Capital District NY

I spent a little time and compiled a list of BBQ restaurants I found in the Capital District Area of New York and the outlying areas. I give no personal promises of what quality each location gives as I haven't dined at most of the locations. I have heard good things about Capital Q Smokehouse in Albany, Brunswick BBQ in Brunswick, JR's BBQ in Burnt Hills.

I personally don't go out for BBQ much as I make it often at home. I generally wait for my trips down south to get my BBQ at a restaurant, but having lived in the area again for about a year, I might consider trying some of these locations in the near future. That is after to 15 lbs of various BBQ is out of my refrigerator from the class I taught at Spoon and Whisk this past Wednesday.

Albany
Capital Q Smokehouse

Ballston Spa
J-Bob's Tennessee BBQ

Burnt Hills
JR's Barbeque

Brunswick
Brunswick BBQ and Brew

Clifton Park
Giffy's Bar-B-Q

Colonie
Smokey Bones Bbq & Grill
Shane's Rib Shack

East Greenbush
Lodge BBQ Lounge & Catering

Guilderland
Chico's BBQ

New Lebanon
Shaker Mountain Barbeque

Saratoga Springs
PJ's Saratoga Style Bar-B-Q

Schuylerville
Dr. T's Barebone Bbq (has odd hours, so make sure you check it out first, one of the few places I have been to on this list and I like it quite a bit, call before you travel out that far to verify the seasonal hours of operation)

6 comments:

forgingahead said...

Hmmm...you missed the Pig Pit in Cohoes

About to move from Van Schaik Island to a bigger, more easily found space along intersection of NYS787 (not the Interstate part) and Dyke St.

Christopher Allen Tanner said...

Forginahead, I couldn't find a link for them online, thanks for the info.

Albany Jane said...

Capital Q rocks so much. Sadly, Mo BBQ has been closed for a few years now *sniff*

Christopher Allen Tanner said...

I'll make sure I remove Mo's from the list thanks. I've heard good things about Capital Q, I need to make a trip out there someday soon.

JBlogger said...

Here's a link for the Pig Pit:
http://www.texsbbq.com/

Click on the Pig Pit logo on the left for the menu.

Christopher Allen Tanner said...

Thanks James, I just took a look at the menu looks great, can't wait to check it out personally.

 
Free Blog CounterHandelshaus ...