Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I'm Lovin' It?

Wow, I never realized how different advertising is between us and other countries. I was looking up some information for my thesis and came across some youtube.com videos that were advertisements for McDonald's. The difference however is that Ronald's daughter (?) is the headline for the current commercial.



I however was not shocked by the commercial as I recalled a report that was put out last year by McDonald's marketing committee. They found that advertising to children was not only seen as negative by parents, but that style of advertising was outdated and pas see. Before you ladies out there say that McD's is objectifying the female figure (in an odd and creepy way) make sure you ladies look at McD Junior here (equally creepy).



I gotta say though, do they really think people are going to buy into this? Eat McD's and look like that, or is it an attempt to be hip? Either way I think I'm a little creeped out and I'm still not going to eat McDonald's. Instead I am just going to have a little snicker and maybe watch the creepy Burger King guy.


Currently reading :
Food Nations: Selling Taste in Consumer Societies (Hagley Perspectives on Business and Culture)
By Warren Belasco
Release date: 12 October, 2001

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterHandelshaus ...