Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bulgogi Pork and Kimchi Fried Rice Burrito

I think I just invented the best burrito ever, and it just happens to be healthy. I make a variety of Korean kimchi which I keep around often. I also happened to make some short-grained brown rice to go with another meal a couple days ago which lead to me making stir-fried kimchi brown rice for dinner the other night with tofu.

Which lead me to today, I made a couple types of sausage and had some pork shoulder left over. So I decided to make some Korean BBQ pork

Korean BBQ Pork:
14 oz thin sliced pork shoulder
3 tablespoons Korean red pepper (not the same as crushed red pepper, so make sure you use the real thing)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons mirin

Toss meat in the remaining ingredients and marinate for thirty minutes, then stir fry in a hot wok.

So I took a whole wheat burrito wrapper, heated it slightly so it would fold easier, tossed a bit of the kimchi rice in there, a couple ounces of the Korean BBQ pork, along with some pea shoots from a local farm, any greens would work though. Wrap it in the traditional burrito way and place it in a hot pan with some sesame oil, placing another pan on top to weigh it down. Turn it after golden brown, 4-5 minutes, brown the other side. Serve with sour cream mixed with a bit of Siracha hot sauce.

2 comments:

Albany Jane said...

tantalizing. I'll go out on a limb and also consider this one of the best burritos ever made.

Christopher Allen Tanner said...

I've had it two more times since then, it is soooo good.

 
Free Blog CounterHandelshaus ...